Are You Claiming Your Desires? (And my commitment out in the open as I post mine here today!)
How are things for you?
This week is my first full week back in biz since our month long holiday in my family neck of the woods in Finland. Hubby, Elvis and I had a ball and it was such a superb ending to my first year as a Success Coach and a really generous space to reflect on my first year as en entrepreneur and a coach (It’s kinda cool that my biz year and the financial year align closely!).
And more importantly, being in such a peaceful place (check out the view from our deck below) it created a space to delve deep into my desires for this next year as a Success Coach for the type of women who I have found I am really skilled and love to help (more on this on this email).
Desire is energy and one of the most powerful, creative forces that you can use to shape your business. Your business only evolves when you are strongly tapped into both your desire and the desires of your market. Desire drives your success. Your business strategies and actions must be aligned with your desires for wealth and abundance to flow in.
Let me ask you, do you take enough time on a regular basis to connect with your desire for your business? This could be done through weekly or even daily journalling, through deep soulful conversations with your partner, through going for a walk or jog without listening to anything else and just allowing your thoughts guide you and dream big. I’m one of the women who doesn’t journal as such, but I write shorter dreamy notes just with my iPhone or iPad notes. I also send emails to myself with my dreams, goals and intentions. It’s pretty powerful to come across them later and realise so much on them is already a reality!
But this holiday I really took some dedicated time to connect to my desire and direction for my business and how my desires can best serve the desires of my dream clients; other female coaches, consultants and service professionals. I also really connected to my true zone of genius that is so clearly and strongly emerging for me. You also have your own zone of genius, do you already know what it is? Your desire and your zone of genius are closely aligned. And I’m more dedicated than ever to honour these desires. To give this energy form and structure, proper containers for it to thrive in our physical world and for others to be able to receive the fruits of it and in a way that best takes care of both mine and my clients needs. Structure, that clearly communicates to my clients what my real zone of genius is, how I help my clients with it and which gives shape and form to my new offers and programs that I will create. (I started this process already by re-writing my website copy to reflect my niche as a Success Coach and Business Mentor for coaches and consultants other service professionals. I’ve also made my site more functional with some design tweaks. There’s more to revise but being in business is an evolution and we don’t stop for perfection!) And damn this feels good!
And it stretches me in the most enjoyable, nurturing way. It’s a feeling that can only stem from being connected to my desire, knowing how I’ll honour it in this world and cradled by an unshakable belief that I can do what I most desire to do. You know, to get to this place and to continue to follow through from here I’ve worked with several coaches, because you need to have people in your life who can mentor from experience. Who can both mentor you with business structures and accountability and coach you how to get out of your own way and out of overwhelm and how you too can achieve unwavering self-belief and confidence to follow your desires. And now, as promised and as an aspect of claiming my desires and putting my desires out in the wider world and into the universe I’ll finish with some of mine for my business for this next year.
After reading them I challenge you to do something similar; whether it be you privately journalling about it, whether it be you speaking this out with your partner, your kids or parents for the first time (or with more certainty in your words than before) or whether it’s you writing about your desires and the structures for them to your audience or even posting it on Facebook! Whatever is your next level.
So here goes:
- I will claim my space and be recognised as a Success Coach and Business Mentor for coaches, consultants and other service professionals, such as healers and creatives.
- I will create new containers, new coaching programs, that better define the world of my business to my audience and that best serve the needs of my dream clients. These make it clear to the world (including me) whom and how I serve. They are bigger, higher level containers that really allow my clients the time that it takes to bring business dreams and desires into reality with structures, and to learn and habituate new beliefs and behaviour for effective self leadership. This means phasing out 3 month coaching program and keeping my 6 & 12 month coaching programs only.
- I will have more limited spots for coaching with me and these programs are priced higher to allow for that and so that it takes care of me and my clients equally. No more feeling frazzled and over extending myself.
- I will launch my first eCourse (working title is Get Paid Your Worth) to teach the key skills that have allowed me to rock my biz in just over a year; How to get paid your worth, How to own your space in the market and have real confidence to sell your products and services, How to conduct effortless and authentic sales conversations that allow your clients the gift of space to dream and realise their potential and make commitments to themselves that change their lives (how is that compared to selling in its common meaning!!? :-), transform your limiting money stories and more.
- I will invest in the first year long coaching mastermind for 2015 (I’ve already selected my coach).
- I’ll schedule a long weekend or up to a week away in mid November to take care of my wellbeing so that I can be fully in service to my clients all the way until Christmas. Hubby is aware of this! (So as not to repeat last December exhaustion!)
- I’ll only coach Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays to create 2 full weekdays for writing the eCourse. Free consults need to fit into these days too.
- I’ll refine my Ideal Client Checklist with clearer boundaries to start attracting more and more of my dream clients.
There’s a lot more but I trust this really inspires you to go and write your own vision, wish list, claim your desires in a more visible way!
FOR YOU! I’m also opening 5 spots for coaching consults with me in August to talk about your desires for your business and how together we could create structure and form to bring them alive. (Note – these sessions are free and so I invite you to only apply if you have made a decision to claim your desires this year and are prepared to work for it. You don’t need to know how, that’s my job, but you need to have decided to go after your dreams.)
As another part of my own uplevelling I’ve been collating new testimonials. Is it time for you to update your testimonials? Here’s what one of my clients has to say (in full!):
“Since starting my coaching with Serena let’s just say she has been a God’s sent to my life both for my personal and business life. In my personal life Serena has helped me with building relationships, as in communicating better with family members and friends. I have learnt to set boundaries where needed. I have learnt to come from a place of understanding and at the same time to be strong enough to do what serves me. Most of my coaching is based around helping me through challenges when it comes to my business. I am a better person to myself and my team.
I have made a major shifts since coaching with Serena going form thinking I had to ‘manage’ my team to ‘Leading’ my team. As a result I have brought up so many amazing leaders in my organisation who are moving forward and growing quicker as a result. One of the toughest struggles that I had in my business was really not believing that I could ever become an inspirational leader in my organisation. I have grown so much and my belief in myself is so strong that NO ONE can put a dent in my certainty. As a result I love my business more than ever knowing and believing that I am changing the lives of hundreds and so many more to come through empowering others to face their fears and step up and do it anyway.
Through setting boundaries I now have the ability to say ‘no’ when needed, without a feeling of guilt attached….this has made a huge difference in when scheduling my week, putting the priorities first, those things that will help me reach my goals quicker. My entire organisation has grown and we consistently have had a 15-20% increase every month in both sponsoring and sales. For me personally my cheque is growing month on month end and I am on target to reach my goals that Serena and I have put in place by the deadline dates.
Talking about my business is becoming more effortless…this was a HUGE setback for me for many years and Serena has done allot of work with me to help me through this fear. I now go out with excitement and so curious to who I will meet to share this wonderful opportunity with and I have also put the right value on my business and myself and now see it in a way that THEY should be thanking me and that I have been a blessing to their lives as much as what they are to mine.“ – Keti Whitmee, Regional Vice President, Arbonne International
I wish you so much clarity and fun in connecting to your desires!
FREE MINI COURSE: 10 Days to Consistent Coaching Clients & Big Juicy Pay Days! Learn how I booked 24 discovery calls in just 7 days.